Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I’m quite excited because I’m kinda obsessed with the images I’m about to share with you… I could literally stare at them all. day. long.
I got this gold planner a while back and I’ve been wanting to use it and when my eyes first beheld the newest line from My Minds Eye, My Story, I just knew it would be perfect!!
doesn’t the gold foil in those embellishments just shine in the prettiest way?? And I’m obsessed with that floral background that I used to make this dashboard, the colors are just perfect! ohhh the pockets… decorating them just might be my favorite part! They’re just so perfect for putting little tags and chipboard pieces in! Soooo did you guys know that My Minds Eye is releasing their very own planner system?? You can check out some of the sneak peeks on their instagram and periscope profiles! Trust me you won’t regret it!! Anyways, they’re going to release a planner line using the My Story collection and it’s just sooo gorgeous! thank you SO much for stopping by and I hope you can find some time in your day to sit down with some pretty paper and play!
I bet you’re all wondering why there’s been so much silence here on the blog….
Well we will just leave it at two tiny little words.
Anywho….. I’m up on the Felicity Jane Blog today and it’s my first blog post since officially being on the Design Team! Wahoo!
This kit is so warm and cozy and really does make me feel like I’m at home! To see the rest of the blog post head on over to the Felicity Jane blog!
Good Morning my dears!
Today I’m sharing my latest project for My Minds Eye, a mini album made with their newest line My Story! This collection is fully of dreamy light pinks, bold blacks and darling creams! With the addition of gold foil, it’s got to be one of my all time favs!
Take a look at these sneaks from the album, but be sure to head on over to the My Minds Eye Blog to see the rest!!
Hey there you! I hope you’re having a great day today!!
I’m here sharing a peek at a layout that’s up over on the My Minds Eye blog! If you’d like to check it out just head on over there and let me know what you think of it!!
This layout documents the sweet relationship between my son and daughter this past summer. But school starts tomorrow and I can hardly believe it!! How can this be real? How on earth has 6 years flown by this quickly!! I don’t want to believe it’s true. I can just keep him home forever right? Who needs school anyways :)
Hello my dears! I hope you all are finding yourselves well!
I’m really really excited to officially tell you I’m going to be part of the Felicity Jane Creative Team for the next year! I literally could not be more excited! As you’ve seen here on my blog, I’ve been creating with these kits for the past few months and every. single. time. I’m absolutely blow away by each of the kits! They are jammed packed full of amazing, and oh, so adorable papers and embellishments! I know this little company is going to make a huge impact on the scrapbooking community!
So I was already pretty excited to be part of this team and then I got this adorable little package in the mail…. take a look… ummmm….. I’m
pretty sure positive, this is the happiest piece of mail that I have ever gotten and it literally put a huge smile of my face for the rest of the day!
I just can’t say enough about how amazing I think the creator over at Felicity Jane, Jeana Goodwin is! In my opinion she’s brilliant and I’m always just so impressed at her design skills, her feel for what is trendy and just the special little touches she includes in every single kit. You really should go sign up for these kits and I promise I’m not just saying this because I’m working on her Creative Team. Seriously from the bottom of my heart, this company is absolutely AMAZING!!
thanks for stopping by and seriously, go check out their website! I promise you won’t regret it!!
Alright guys, if you follow me over on instagram, you probably saw that I just received my very first Kikki.k leather planner. Normally I would have had a post like this up a while back, but my life has been absolutely cray cray. From having guests in town, to dentist appointments, to a quilting class I’m doing, there’s has been a lot, scratch that, too much going on in our lives. Not to mention that my little boy is starting school in a few weeks, and oh yeah, we’re remodeling our house. Oi vey….. just writing that out made me a little stressed……
Thank goodness I have things like paper crafting, calligraphy and planning to keep me sane!
I’m absolutely loving the way I’ve decorated my dashboard and my pockets of my new baby! Everything you see here, is from the My Minds Eye Line, called Fancy That, an adorable wedding themed scrapbook line. I love it because even though it’s wedding themed, it works so perfectly for practically anything!
I’m obsessed with that gold foil card, isn’t is such a great reminder?! Because I’m also a scrapbooker, I love the idea of adding photos to my dividers, and dashboards!
thank you for stopping by! Tell me what you think of my new planner setup!!
Soooo…. I’ve been going through all of my old photos and I realized I have quite a few projects that I’ve made, and photographed but that never got to the blog. So in the next few weeks, I’m going to be sharing these forgotten projects with all of you!
The first thing I want to share with you is my 2014 Project Life album. The thing I love about Project Life, is that it can be used in a myriad of different ways, and you have the freedom to choose what works best for you!
The traditional way to use PL is to do a layout a week, and fill it with photos and documents from that past week. That would mean by the end of the year you would have 52, 12×12 spreads… and I don’t know about you but with my three little ones running around, this sounds like a lot of work. I mean lets be honest, I barely have time to do my laundry!
So what I’ve done is taken that traditional version and turned it into something that was a lot more simplified. I’m a mother and none of my kids are school aged, so I have to really think about how I spend my time. I’ve used this system for a while now and through the years I’ve learned some useful tips and tricks and now I want to share them with you! So here they are!!!
- I use a 6×8 album instead of 12×12. If you know anything about me, you know that I have a
slight major obsession with mini albums. While I wouldn’t necessarily call this a mini album, it’s definitely mini compared to the bigger 12×12’s! Don’t get me wrong, I love a good 12×12, but for me personally, it just too big my my project life needs.
- I take photos only using my iPhone. I simply don’t want/need the stress of carrying around my dslr to capture photos of my everyday life. Using only my phone makes it about a thousand times easier because I always have my phone on me! My camera comes with me wherever I go and if anything thing comes along that I want to photograph I just snap a quick picture.
- I edit my photos only on my phone. Again, I’m trying to make this process super simple! Use your favorite photo editing app to clean up or brighten photos and then save to camera roll. p.s. I use afterlight for editing all of my iPhone photos.
- I put two photos on one 4×6 (optional). This step is probably the most difficult part of this whole process (but it’s still super easy! ) , so feel free to skip over it, if you’d like! Depending on the layout of my 6×8 page protector, I’ll have some horizontal 4×6 photos, and some 2×3 vertical photos. So I go through all of the photos I’ve selected to be in my project life album and every single one of the vertical photos I’ll pull up in photoshop. I’ll then open a new blank document and resize it to 4×6. Then I drag my first photo into my new blank document. I’ll grab the corner and resize until it’s a 2×3. You can either turn on your ruler and grid, or just eye it until it looks like it takes up about half of the page. Then I’ll pull in my next photo and repeat the same process until my 4×6 has two 2×3 photos on it. Then I save it to the same folder it came from and give it a new name. I usually just use numbers, 1,2,3 etc. Next I’ll push command+z over and over again until I’m back to my blank document. I’ll start this process over again with two new photos until all of my vertical photos are placed on a 4×6.
- I print my photos at Costco. I go to Costco more times a month that I’m willing to admit, so it makes it the perfect place for all of my photo needs. I also love the fact that I can upload my photos from home and they will be ready in an hour! Not to mention that their prices are extremely reasonable. After they are printed, I trim everything down to size.
- I don’t sort my pictures by week. Having to remember what week each picture was taken in was making my brain want to explode so I decided to make it easier on myself and only sort my pictures by the month they were taken in.
- I organize my photos in chronological order. I don’t use any other organizational system other than chronological order. To do this, I open my iPhoto software and look in my photo stream. This keeps a chronological order of my photos and I can use this to make sure my printed photos are also in chronological order.
- I put my photos into my page protectors. I start at the beginning of the month and see how many vertical and horizontal photos I have. That decides what page protectors I use. If there’s a lot of verticals, I may use the layout with four 2×3’s, if there’s none, I’ll use the layout with two 4×6’s and so on. Remember to leave space for project life cards and embellishments!
- I decorate my pages. Finally!!! We’ve gotten to the very best part!! I take my favorite embellishments, and of course my Project Life cards, and I get to work making those pages look oh so pretty!
- I give myself a whole month to finish the previous months photos. Remember I’m trying to make this as easy as possible, so I’m giving myself a good cushion! The whole point of this system, for me, was to give myself an actual shot of completing a Project Life album! I know that if I even attempted the larger version, I would have made a page or two and then completely stopped or I would have begun pulling my hair out! I know some of you are thinking … Well, you know you don’t have to decorate them and make them all pretty riiiiiight?? Yes, yes, I know I could hold back when it comes to the embellishment, but it’s my very favorite part, and it wouldn’t be “me” if there weren’t any embellishments. After all, this blog is all about pretty paper!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this post and I hope that some of these tips will help take the stress out of Project Life!
Check out my finished 2014 Project Life album!